Are you using outdated technology to manage course bookings?
Unify your course data with a single app to manage delegates and instantly check the status of each booking.
Is too much time spent on repetitive course admin tasks?
Improve the handling of your routine tasks with guided processes and intelligent workflow automation.
Looking to boost training feedback scores?
Get closer to your delegates with timely, personalised messages at every step.
Are you struggling to keep on top of your course management processes?
Here at Preact, we have a long track record in helping training organisations make a step-change in performance using CRM solutions. We deploy connected systems that empower teams to provide consistent training experiences, reduce course admin and increase the value of their data.
Course Manager is our CRM application for training providers to track course activities and manage relationships. Move away from spreadsheets and duplicated efforts to a single, secure cloud solution that will simplify the management of your customers, sales, courses and communications.
Challenges Your Business May Be Facing
Lack of time to complete tasks because people are overwhelmed by administration.
This may include:
- Repetitive steps to enrol delegates result in delays sending joining instructions.
- Time spent responding to requests from other teams because course and booking data isn’t accessible or trusted.
- Managing course certifications creates additional admin burden.
- Struggling to quickly run reports and extract actionable insights from training data.
As a business leader, you may face some of these challenges:
- Inconsistent training experiences threaten our reputation.
- Inefficient administration is lowering customer satisfaction.
- We need better training insights and reporting to improve what we do.
- Differentiate ourselves so we can compete strongly with other training firms.
- Greater IT agility is needed so we can quickly respond to new opportunities.
- Maximising our resources and reducing administration workloads.
Challenges for IT teams within a training organisation often include:
- Personal data is stored in spreadsheets, creating data governance concerns and increased security risks across distributed teams.
- Current technology isn’t scalable.
- High cost of developing legacy on-premise applications.
- Ongoing burden of managing third-party integrations and data sync processes.
As a sales professional you may be encountering some of these challenges:
- Selling more training courses to meet performance targets and maximise training capacities.
- No single source of truth about each customer and their course attendance.
- Scheduled course dates and current availability aren’t easily accessible.
- Extra work is created because course booking processes aren’t connected to CRM.
- Inconsistent handling of provisional bookings.
Within your finance team, current priorities may include:
- Duplication of entry to issue invoices from booking data.
- Reducing the cost of delivering training.
- Accurately reporting course costs and assessing the profitability of each training engagement.
Preact's dedicated Course Manager product that works alongside Microsoft Dynamics 365 to address these challenges with prebuilt functionality and processes to manage courses, bookings, resources and delegates.
The application runs on Power Apps licensing rather than Dynamics 365, which offers a significantly lower licensing rate, but uses the same user interface and platform capabilities.
Course Manager is a packaged cloud product that is quickly deployed, avoiding the need for costly custom development.
Demonstrating Course Manager
Training Providers are always working hard to improve delegate experiences. But that’s hard to achieve if processes are…
Training Providers are always working hard to improve delegate experiences.
But that’s hard to achieve if processes aren’t connected, and your data is stored in spreadsheets and multiple applications.
Meet Course Manager from Preact!
Software built for Training Providers, to unify course data, reduce admin and boost productivity.
Built on the Microsoft Power Platform, Course Manager natively connects with familiar Microsoft apps including Outlook and Dynamics 3-6-5.
Log into Course Manager to check key insights and get instant visibility of the training data that’s relevant to you.
Find all repeatable courses for online or in-person events listed in the Course Catalogue.
The active course list provides a quick view of scheduled courses.
Let’s look at an upcoming Health & Safety course. The essential information about this event is shown on the course form.
For this training workshop, we can confirm the venue, instantly see how many delegates are currently booked, and how many spaces are remaining.
To enrol more delegates, we’ll create a new booking.
Each booking is linked to a course record, and these can also be associated with account and contact records.
Until a booking is confirmed, delegate places will only be provisionally held for a limited time.
Once payment is received, the booking will be confirmed, and delegate contact details can be added.
Course bookings can also be created automatically using Preact's deals application for sales teams, or directly from Dynamics 3-6-5 Sales.
Dates and times for individual sessions within a training course can also be defined.
Course Manager tracks each trainer as a resource, with their individual records detailing skills and course history, as well as the daily rates of external trainers.
Now let’s book a trainer for an upcoming session. On the Organise Trainers tab, we've shortlisted two potential resources, so we’ll send an email asking them to confirm their availability.
The detail shared in these invitations is automatically populated using information entered in Course Manager. Individual sections covering training venues and sessions can be shown, or hidden, as appropriate.
Course joining instructions can be quickly sent to each delegate by selecting the appropriate email template and document attachment.
When courses are completed, certifications can be tracked and sent to the training organiser or directly to each delegate.
As part of this process, a valid certification period is automatically recorded.
Course Manager from Preact enables training providers to overcome the challenge of course administration to deliver consistent training experiences.
It establishes a centralised course catalogue with purpose-built processes for training organisations that enables everyone to instantly see the status of each booking.
Course Manager is quick to deploy and adapts to fit the requirements of small and mid-sized training firms.
If you're interested in learning more about what Course Manager has to offer, visit us today at preact.co.uk.
Centralised training administration
- Track each repeatable course in the course catalogue to quickly scheduled new events
- Centralise detail about each training location, including rooms, capacity and costs
- Set the course duration to calculate end times automatically
- Manage certifications by settings terms for each course
- Profile courses by type, including online courses, public workshops and private tuition
Track every interaction
Each email, booking, course attendance, activity, and other interaction are accessible within the Course Manager user interface.
With a clear and complete view of each relationship, everyone can better focus their efforts on personalising interactions and delighting delegates.
Robust role-based security permissions ensure data is protected and your people have the appropriate access levels.
Move faster with workflow automation
Use Course Manager to systemise your business processes and automate routine tasks to enhance service and reduce the burden of administration:
- Send emails within the flow of course bookings and other repeatable processes to share personalised information and provide timely notifications.
- Shortlist prospective trainers and send email invites automatically populated with course information to book these resources quickly.
- Automate post-training follow-ups to distribute course certifications and request delegate feedback.
Course Manager Integrations
As a Power Apps product, built on the Microsoft Power Platform product, Course Manager natively integrates with these applications and services:
Transform Training Processes with Course Manager
Course Manager: Frequently Asked Questions
Course Manager is for SMB training providers looking to transition from Excel spreadsheets or CRM applications that aren't currently meeting expectations. Course Manager provides a set of prebuilt functions to handle core course management processes, so this is well suited for organisations that want to implement an industry-aligned solution quickly but avoid the complexity and expense of unnecessary features.
Course Manager can be rapidly deployed as a prebuilt product, requiring minimal configuration. This product is available at no additional cost as part of Preact's Elevate 365 managed service or through our Solutions 365 subscription at £8.25+VAT per user/month, including access to all our packaged products.
Each Course Manager user must be licensed with a Power Apps Plan, which offers highly affordable licensing from just £3.80+VAT per user/month.
Please get in touch with us to discuss deployment options.
The Course Manager application does not provide inbuilt sales capabilities, but this natively connects with Preact's Deals application which provides sales tracking capabilities. Course Manager can also be combined with Dynamics 365 Sales (a separate Dynamics 365 Sales licence will be required).
Each user of Course Manager must be licensed with a Power Apps pass. User passes can be activated by purchasing a Power Apps per-app from £3.80 per user/month or a per-user plan.
Course Manager is a Power App built on the Microsoft Power Platform. This provides the same user interface as a model-driven app compared to most Dynamics 365 modules and other Power Apps. Data is securely stored in the cloud using Microsoft's common data model (Dataverse), enabling this to be connected with other applications and services, including Power BI, Power Automate workflows, Outlook and Dynamics.
The product is supplied with multiple tables/entities and relationship types to handle training provider scenarios. These include delegates, venues, courses, bookings, resources, certificates, course sessions and payments. Course Manager also includes standard entities such as accounts, contacts and activities.
Course Manager is a highly scalable Power Apps product built on the Microsoft Power Platform, enabling additional functionality and processes to be configured at any time.
Yes. Course Manager is designed to work alongside Dynamics 365 on the same cloud platform. Preact will deploy and support Dynamics 365 Sales and Customer Service modules aligned to user needs for opportunity management or case tracking capabilities. For training companies that want to modernise their course management and booking processes, Course Manager provides ready-made functionality.
Through Elevate 365 managed service, we support training companies' usage of Dynamics 365 and Course Manager.
Want to know more?
Request a callback, or schedule a call now, and we'll follow up to discuss how Course Manager can improve your processes.