Record Tagging Solution
Quickly and easily tag any Dynamics or Power App record to build accurate profiles, categorise and use tag filters to define views, lists and dashboards
Tag any Record
Tag Accounts, Contacts, Leads, or any standard and custom entity type in Dynamics 365
Fits any Requirement
Lightweight solution for quickly tagging records, for example by skills, statuses and categories
Define User Access
Set security roles for users to determine their ability to configure settings and, create and use tags
Demonstrating Record Tagging
Tags are unique identifiers that are associated to Dynamics 365 records to search, sort, categorise, filter and segment records in a more efficient way.
As an alternative to option set fields, tags are an intuitive way for users to easily set tags that will organise data to meet the needs of your organisation. Tags can be used to categorise a contact, or other record type, in multiple ways. For example, an account may be tagged both as a key account and a reference site. In another scenario, users may tag the contacts or leads they met at a conference.
The control will show a list of suggestions before any characters are typed in. However, the solutions has been set up to display suggestions based on what has been typed in, including wildcard searches so that the exact characters would be matched to tags no matter where in the tag the characters appear.
There are 3 security roles available to be assigned to users:
- Create Tags: allows a user to create and use tags
- Admin: allows a user to create and use tags, as well as read/write permissions in the settings/configuration area
- Standard: allows user to search and use available tags
Use these security roles to determine who you want configuring the solution, creating new tags that appear in the tag suggestions, and who should only be able to select tags but not enter in new tags.
How It Works
- Install our managed solution
- Define which entities record tagging will be enabled on
- Create a tagging field for the relevant entity
- Add a new section to the record form to define the tagging purpose and add the field
- Use the Tag entity to enter initial tags that are promoted as suggested tags when users enter data
- Tag data is searchable and can be used in filters
Functionality soon to come - configure elements such as tag colours to help associate different colours to different topics/needs
The Record Tagging solution for Dynamics 365 and Power Apps is available at no cost to Preact Managed Service Clients.
Browse more products in our Solutions Catalogue and find out what we are building next.
How to Deploy the Preact Record Tagging Solution
Request a callback now to find out more and deploy this in your environment.