Drag & Drop Sub-Grids
Enabling users to easily reorder the set of records / rows in any sub-grid
Reorder lists of records, such as actions, according to your priorities.
Adjust the order of processes, such as the order of tasks, with minimal effort.
Every time an edit is made, this sequence will be changed globally for all users.
Demonstrating Drag & Drop Sub-Grids
Video Transcriptopen transcript close transcript
Preact's Drag & Drop Sub-Grids is a really simple solution for anyone that needs to reorder a set of records on a sub-gr…
Preact's Drag & Drop Sub-Grids is a really simple solution for anyone that needs to reorder a set of records on a sub-grid from a child entity.
So in this scenario we're on an account form, and we've got the child tasks that need to be carried out on a sub-grid. We've got this sequence value here in the first column and it's one through to five.
This can be enabled on any entity, it doesn't have to just be on the accounts, it can be on any custom entities.
We can set this sequence field to be any whole number field you might already be using or we can put one of these values in as part of the solution.
In this scenario we've got five things we need to carry out and it might be that we need to reorder these around for some reason. I might say okay, I need to set up the SharePoints before I can put my document somewhere. So instead of doing the document and then setting up the folders, I might want to do this first. So, I can just click on where the number two here is in the sequence, and I can put the number two above the number one. Then you can see it will move set up SharePoint folders above produce statement of work
And it will set the integer value accordingly: one, two, three, four, five.
Vice versa - I might say I need to do the draw out project chart before the write up and so I can put the four between the two and the three, and then it changes that to a three and that to a four.
Equally another option we might use this for is on a work order. If I just click over here and click into one of my work orders.
From Field Service point of view, you have a work order, which is your job sheet and you've got a set of tasks you need to carry out. Out-of-the-box we've got a nice line order here, and I've added in my own task order field here.
A very similar concept - you might arrive on site and realise that you can't do the photos because you need to do your risk assessment first. So this scenario we can just do something very similar. If I change it, you can see it reorders this around.
Hopefully that will be quite useful for some of you guys, thanks for listening.
And like any of our solutions, the Drag and Drop solution is freely available for all of our managed service clients.
How it Works
Apply this solution to any entity and sub-grid which contains a set of child records.
Apply drag and drop capabilities to any sub-grid where there is a relationship between the parent record and the child records in the sub-grid.
- Enable this solution on any sub-grid to allow users to quickly and easily reorder of the sequence of records by simply using the drag and drop feature.
- Drag an individual record / row to change the order to reflect changes in processes and priorities.
- The updated grid order will be automatically pushed through globally for all users.
- Once this solution is applied to an individual sub-grid, the standard column sort and filter controls are disabled.
Examples of usage
There are countless examples where drag and drop functionality may be useful to define the sequence of records within a sub-grid. These include:
- A Project record with a sub-grid containing project tasks - rearrange them to reflect the priority, and stay flexible and adaptable for clients.
- An Account record with a sub-grid where drag and drop controls are used to place the best known or most senior contacts at the top. Being able to adjust the list makes it easier to get in touch with the right people.
- A Case record with a sub-grid of activities enabling users to reorder the sequence and deal with the up-most priorities to efficiently resolve issues.
How to Deploy Drag & Drop Sub-Grids
Contact us today to find out more and deploy this solution.