Already, or aspiring to be, a Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform Solutions Architect?
Preact offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a progressive company culture. Location – UK
You will play an integral part in helping yourself and Preact together, achieve our collective objectives and aspirations by:
- Making a significant contribution to the technical evolution of Preact’s Dynamics 365, Power Platform, Data and Artificial Intelligence practices.
- Taking responsibility for the successful design, documentation, implementation, deployment and adoption of customer projects.
- Engaging in the process of standardisation of our solutions and creation of repeatable intellectual property for function specific and industry specific applications.
- Demonstrating agility in a fast-paced environment by making decisions and changes that benefit Preact and our clients.
- Supporting the creation and improvement of a framework that enables Preact to deliver solutions quickly, efficiently, repeatedly and successfully to support our ambitions of scale.
- Developing Preact’s capability into new industries, propositions, and services.
- Supporting and mentoring other solution team members.
- Treating colleagues, customers and partners with the same respect and good intent that you would want to be shown.
- Working in an exciting, ambitious, and rewarding environment where there is no ceiling to what you could achieve!
- Design “winning” solutions for our customers.
- Engage in project scoping activities to turn initial proof of concept engagements into project wins.
- Solve customer business problems by harnessing the technologies available to us for the creation of innovative solutions whilst delivering the best possible value.
- Collaborate with other members of the solutions team to innovate and problem solve.
- Lead inception/design exercises and workshops, and perform an active role in risk identification and mitigation.
- Review and contribute to proposal and project documentation developed by other team members.
- Work closely with our product, build, consulting and project teams to ensure efficient task distribution allowing you capacity to focus on high value activities.
- Evaluate failed implementations and use best practices to deliver ‘rescue’ projects to customers.
- Building strong industry/partner/client relationships.
- Developing your own skill set to maintain ‘thought leadership’ status.
- Mentor and coach other team members.
- Develop Preact’s methods and tools, and contribute to our solution team strategy
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Conceptualise and communicate winning propositions - making complex ideas look simple.
- Demonstrate intellectual capacity and rapidly adopt new technologies, propositions and business concepts.
- Work in an outcome oriented manner - maximising the balance of effort / cost vs benefit to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Work under your own initiative and tight time pressures - planning, prioritising and controlling workload.
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management methodologies and procedures.
- Utilise software development techniques and methodologies.
- Convey your own ideas to clients and within the Preact team, whilst being mindful of their key considerations.
- Provide effective coaching and feedback where needed.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement, remaining inquisitive - “self teaching” of new business thinking and technology solutions.
- Proactively contribute to the commercial and technical team’s knowledge at Preact.
- Showcase broad, credible knowledge of integrated (multi-line of business) propositions, technologies, etc.
- Exhibit detailed knowledge of business requirements and solutions.
- Workshop with commercial and technical teams to conceptualise and communicate winning propositions.
- Mobilise and motivate peers and customer project stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach – identify and develop opportunities within existing accounts.
- Successfully multitask without over committing.
- Organise and co-ordinate diverse groups in complex situations.
- Show in depth technical and functional appreciation of: Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications, Power Platform, Data and Artificial Intelligence.
- Demonstrate an ability to rapidly assess new technology solutions.
- Make functional / technical architectural decisions in complex environments.
General Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Extensive minimum experience in Microsoft Dynamics applications – with demonstrable project successes
- Playing a key role in selling technology solutions - delivering technical proposals in both stand alone or team scenarios
- Track record of thought leadership
- Multi-industry experience
- Broad experience of SMB and mid-market consulting practices and methodologies
- In-depth relevant technology or business solution architect experience
- SMB, mid-market and enterprise implementation experience beneficial
- Experience of successfully designing and implementing offshore/onshore delivery models beneficial
- Demonstrate experience in: 1) requirements gathering and qualification, 2) scope and effort assessment, 3) solution design and development, 4) solution validation, implementation control and monitoring
- Full project life cycle experience and project methodology understanding
Living Our Values
Although we expect a lot from you, you will be significantly rewarded in return. Not just rewarded with a compensation package that recognises the value you bring to our business, but also with a supportive environment where you can realise your full potential and enjoy limitless career progression opportunities.
Preact's culture is built on team spirit, respect and flexibility where all members of our team live our values.
Putting Customers First
Delivering exceptional service to our customers in an efficient and cost-effective manner
Being the Best
Pushing ourselves to perform at the highest possible levels
Growing Preact Together
Working in partnership with our colleagues to deliver great outcomes for our clients and each other
Some of the benefits at Preact
Yes really, and it works! Each request must be approved in advance but there’s no hidden limit.
Provided you're working your contracted hours, you have the freedom to choose your start and finish time.
We are currently fully remote, but when we reopen our office, our team can choose where they work.
Private Health Insurance
Helping our team stay healthy and claim money back on everyday healthcare, dental and optical expenses for employees and their families
We're proud to provide a modern workplace. This includes free fresh fruit, a well stocked drinks fridge, pool table and great coffee!
No Dress Code
There is no dress code at Preact, so wear whatever you feel is appropriate and makes you comfortable.
We invest in our team's future and have an attractive company pension scheme.
We look forwarding to resuming team meals and evenings out later in 2021.
Grow and develop professionally, and we'll fund your training.
If you choose to work in the office, free parking is available on-site.
What happens next
We aim to have a simple hiring process, and we want to make sure that Preact is the right choice for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for our Solutions Architect role is as follows:
- CV and application review
- Let’s chat – we'll invite you to a first interview
- We'll then ask you to complete a series of online assessments
- Second interview
- Final meeting with HR Director and / or Managing Director
- If successful, an offer will be made
- We'll undertake employee screening checks
- Welcome to the team!