Power Apps Web Portals
Empower customers, partners, employees, and any other contacts to interact with your data through a low-code responsive website connected to Dynamics 365 and Power Apps.
Extend Dynamics 365 and Power Apps with secure, self-service portals for external users.
Get started quickly using customisable templates to match websites with your branding.
Connect Your Data
Bring together your app data to enrich portals with form, views, charts and dashboards.
Improve service quality by empowering customers to log issues, find solutions and update information online.
- Enable clients to log service issues and check the status on recent cases - even when your office is closed.
- Deflect potential service issues through online knowledge resources that will help external users find answers to frequently issues and questions.
- Promote the convenience of your web portal to increase engagement, capture ideas and stand out from the crowd.
Power Apps Portal: 4 Important Facts
- Portals are a specific app type that is created and launched in PowerApps using a simple designer to quickly build and deploy low-code responsive web sites.
- Every Dynamics 365 customer can deploy as many production and non-production web portals as needed. See portal licensing information below.
- Your portal will be 100% housed and maintained within the Common Data Service and integrated with your Dynamics 365 environment.
- By default, web portals are deployed securely in the cloud - there will be no new hardware to purchase, certificates to install, or web servers to provision.
How To Implement Web Portals
Preact has helped many of our clients implement customer service portals as a fixed price project. This can include:
- Skinning the portal to reflect your branding
- Setting-up portal security web roles
- Configuring integration to view and log Dynamics 365 Cases
- Automating notifications when Cases are created
- Displaying custom entities in the portal
- Enabling portal users to update basic contact detail
- Setting up an integrated knowledge base
🔸 Read more about how Preact will help you build and deploy your web portal.
How Are Power Apps Portals Licensed?
Power Apps Portals are licensed based on sufficient capacity for external usage. Portals can be shared with external users anonymously, or through a login provider such as LinkedIn and Microsoft accounts. For employee access, corporate Azure Active Directory accounts can be connected.
For authenticated users: Portals are metered per login. This requires a portal licence to have sufficient login capacity consistent to usage.
For external anonymous portal users: the licensing model is based on pages views.
Personalising Your Portal
Share the information that matters most to your users within a single interface. Data can be published from any entity and field on read-only basis, or enable portal users to write changes directly back to Dynamics 365 and the Common Data Service.
In addition to personal contact data, web portals can be used to publish details of active contracts, agreements, appointments, applications and projects.
Configure interactive features including community forums, and apply dynamic content for advanced personalisation that will adapt portal pages, controls and layouts for different user types.
For bespoke requirements, the custom portal framework is completely extensible and flexible to fit virtually any scenario.
Get Started Now
Request a call back and we'll be in touch to discuss the next steps to deploy your web portal: