Here to help
We recommend engaging with Preact to regularly review the results you are getting from Dynamics 365 and to check that you are benefiting from the latest features. Our team will answer your questions and share advice to support your organisation by improving results with Dynamics and the Microsoft Power Platform. Contact us today to discuss your requirements
The best way to keep up to date with the latest product news is to join our mailing list.
2023 Release Wave 2 for Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform
Microsoft has unveiled its 2023 Release Wave 2 plans, scheduled to be rolled out between October 2023 and March 2024. Read our highlights in this post, including:
- AI-generated sales proposals, meeting preparation notes, and opportunity summaries
- Recurring sequences for streamlined sales follow-ups
- Create customer journeys using natural language
- Set up quiet times in Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Improved lead scoring model to qualify the right leads
- Overflow handling to manage lengthy service wait times
Dynamics 365 Copilot
Microsoft has unveiled Dynamics 365 Copilot, a new AI-powered assistant for CRM applications. In this post, we look at what's new in Copilot and how it can transform the way you work. This includes:
- Copilot in Viva Sales to create email replies, access CRM data during live meetings and generate meeting summaries.
- Copilot in Customer Service to find the resources that help resolve cases faster and draft responses.
- Copilot in Power Apps to build apps from natural language queries without writing code.
- Copilot in Marketing to create email content and real-time marketing segments using natural language.
2023 Release Wave 1 for Dynamics 365 & Power Platform
Microsoft has published its first Release Wave plans for 2023, which will be available between April and September. We've summarised the main announcements in this post, including:
- Enhanced 'Up-Next' widget to include seller suggestions
- Automatic UTM tagging in D365 Marketing
- Enhanced opportunity form
- Message frequency cap for marketing journeys
- Consent and preference centres to manage personal information
- Use natural language to create Power Automate flows
- Integrate Power BI into Teams meetings
2022 Release Wave 2 for Dynamics 365 & Power Platform
Microsoft has published release plans for the second wave of updates in 2022 that will be available between October 2022 and March 2023. Read our post summarising the main announcements, including:
- Multi-entity forms - render a form within another
- Modern advanced find enabled by default
- Power BI quick reports - auto-generate visuals from grids
- Track Teams chat in the record timeline
- New timeline customisations
- New D365 Marketing segment builder to reach GA supporting leads and contacts
- Sequential approvals in Power Automate
- Manage business units and teams in the Power Platform admin center
Dynamics 365 & Power Platform - 2022 Release Wave 1
The first major release wave of 2022 for Dynamics 365 Online and model-driven apps was deployed to all production and non-production environments between April and September.
Prior to the initial regional rollout from 2nd April, the release plans were published on 25th January. We have published a summary of the main announcements, including:
- New advanced find experience with view management
- Create and join Microsoft Teams meetings from Dynamics appointments
- Editable grid control preview
- New trigger options for Marketing customer journeys
- Knowledge enhancements
- New Power Pages portal preview launched
2021 Release Wave 2 for Dynamics 365 & Power Platform
In July 2021, Microsoft published release plans for its second major release wave of 2021 covering Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform. This is being deployed between September 2021 and March 2022.
A large focus for this release wave is integrations between Microsoft Teams and Dynamics 365, to improve efficient collaboration and reduce app switching. This includes accessing Dynamics 365 data in Teams, and Teams chats in Dynamics 365.
- Release Wave 2 Highlights
- Watch demonstration of early access preview features for model-driven apps
- Learn more about planned features and functionality for integration between Teams and Dynamics 365
Dynamics 365 & Power Platform - 2021 Release Wave 1
Read our summary of what's new in the latest release wave:
- A Quick Look at the 2021 Release Wave 1 Plans for Dynamics 365 & Power Platform
- New Integrations Announced for Microsoft Teams & Dynamics 365
2020 Release Wave 2
The current release wave began in October 2020. New features within this wave continued through until March 2021.
- Simplified duplicate detection
- Enhanced email experience
- New Sales mobile app preview
- Redesigned automation designer for Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Timeline enhancements and configuration
- Email template improvements
- Global intelligent search
- Field Service inspections
- New Field Service mobile app
Browse product highlights and learn more about this release wave on the main Dynamics 365 site.
2020 Release Wave 1
- New Kanban boards for Dynamics 365 Sales
- Licence enforcement for Team Member licences
- Improved filtering
- New forecasting capabilities
- New case routing and SLA experience
- Open related records in a modal dialog
- 50 Things We Learned in the 2020 Wave 1 Release Plans
- 10 Important Dynamics 365 Changes Now Available To Test
Further detail about the latest update and Microsoft's roadmap for Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform were shared during the 2020 Business Applications Summit in May.
Dynamics 365 & Power Platform - 2019 Release Wave 2
On 10th June, Microsoft published release plans for its next major update to Dynamics and the the Power Platform. The 2019 Release Wave 2 rolled out between October 2019 and March 2020.
April 2019 Release
In January 2019, Microsoft published a preview guide for its April update to Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform.