Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform helps teams develop more efficient processes to increase business productivity.
Handling workflows in Dynamics 365 reduces administration overhead to create efficient processes for sales, service, marketing and other teams.
This can involve automating a single routine task, or handling a complex series of steps in a single workflow triggered by a defined event. For example, this may be when a record is created or when a field status changes.
Automated workflows can be configured to send emails, trigger SMS alerts, schedule activities, update fields and complete many other processes in Dynamics 365.
With a Common Data Service, automated actions can applied across Office 365 services including Outlook, Word and SharePoint that are triggered by events in Dynamics 365.
Some examples of automated processes include:
- Automatically creating a new case when a customer email is received
- Sending email notification when a support case is created, and when cases are resolved to request feedback
- Triggering automatic SMS alerts when support cases are at risk of breaching a service level agreement
- Automatically scoring leads using demographics &/or email marketing data to identify which leads are 'sales ready'
- Queuing support cases to prioritise service issues in line with pre-defined rules including service level agreements, support plans, customer status and other criteria
- Enforcing an approvals process when a process reaches a defined stage
- Triggering push notifications to sales managers when high value opportunities are logged and when new orders are created
- Using conditional rules to automatically route sales leads and service cases to individual users
- Create a contact record from an Excel spreadsheet row
- Sending a weekly email report summarising the latest actions tracked in Dynamics 365
- Recurring batch data import from an external source with supporting triggered actions
How Dynamics 365 Creates Process Efficiency
- Receive timely notifications about important events and escalating issues
- Sends personalised emails to avoid manually composing individual messages
- Reduces the expense of manual data entry to shorten selling cycles and cut processing costs
- Applies repeatable consistent processes that ensure accuracy and help to preserve data quality
Guided Process Flows
Process flows are available for any entity managed in Dynamics 365 and the Common Data Service. These can be applied to standard processes such as sales leads, support cases as well as bespoke workflows such as applications and bookings.
Each process flow guides users through a defined sequence of steps and stage series for clear visibility of what actions have been completed, and what needs to happen next to reach a successful outcome.
By following prescriptive on-screen prompts routine workflows are handled in line with your unique process rules to ensure a consistent approach and high data quality.
Each process flow is mapped out to replicate each step of your processes. This can include:
- Stage gating to prevent users progressing a process to the next stage if specific conditions haven't been met
- Conditional branching logic to dynamically adjust process flow behaviour based on data entry
- Business rules that enforce mandatory fields and set conditional field values and visibility rules
Get In Touch
Contact Preact to understand how Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Preact will improve your business increase its process efficiency.