Microsoft Dynamics 365 Licensing Resources
If you are implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365, or if you are already using the product, we are here to help you reduce licensing complexity, and make sure that you only pay for what your users need.
Confused by Dynamics 365 licensing?
Gain clarity across Dynamics 365 Sales and Service app, Team Member licences and Power Apps Plans.
Worried you might overpay for licences?
Request a check from Preact to ensure your users are correctly licensed for only what they need.
Need answers on licence user rights?
Speak to our licensing experts who will answer your questions about Dynamics 365 usage rights.
Dynamics 365 Licensing Check
Avoid licensing Dynamics 365 users with insufficient use rights, or paying unnecessary cost for functions that aren't needed.
If your organisation is licensed with Dynamics 365 Online, we'll quickly confirm the correct licence types for each user by reviewing their usage of the system.
Our tool will check usage for each person across any Dynamics 365 CRM environment. We'll present a report with our findings to confirm which licence each user should be equipped with. This will help you identify and fix any non-compliant licensing issues and reduce costs if some users are licensed with more capabilities than they need.
Request a Licence Check
If your Dynamics 365 Online UK agreement renewal is near, review your licensing now to identify if savings can be made, and make sure that existing licences are sufficient for use needs. Contact us today to arrange a free check.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Licensing FAQs
How is Dynamics 365 licensed?
Dynamics 365 is made up of role-based apps which cover specific business processes. These are licensed per user / per month, except Dynamics 365 for Marketing which is licensed per tenant. Start with a base app and attach additional apps at a reduced rate for any usage needs that require multiple apps.
Dynamics 365 apps that Preact work with include:
- Dynamics 365 for Sales
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service
- Dynamics 365 for Marketing
For Sales and Customer Service apps, choose between full Enterprise or Professional capabilities to only pay for what you need.
What are Team Member licences?
Dynamics 365 Team Member licences are designed for employees with light usage requirements. This enables users to read data, access dashboards and perform basic functions including updating contacts and scheduling activities...READ MORE
How much are Dynamics 365 Base licences?
Base licence prices shown below are per user / month and exclude VAT
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Enterprise @ £71.60
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional @ £49.00
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Enterprise @ £71.60
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Professional @ £37.70
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service @ £71.60
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service @ £71.60
Team Member licences are priced at £6.00 per user / month. Dynamics 365 for Marketing is a tenant licence.
How much are Dynamics 365 Attach licences?
Dynamics 365 attach licences are priced at £15.10 per user / month for individual users which need cannot be met with a single app. The following are available for licence attachment:
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Enterprise
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Enterprise
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Professional
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service
Important attach licence notes:
- Each user may only have one base Dynamics 365 licence.
- Administrators can only assign attached licences if a user has a valid base licence.
- Project Service is only available as a base licence.
- Customer Service Professional and Customer Service Enterprise, or Sales Professional and Sales Enterprise cannot be mixed and matched on the same Dynamics environment.
- Sales Professional cannot be purchased as an attachment to a Customer Service Professional base
- Where a Professional licence is selected as a base licence an Enterprise or Field Service licence cannot be attached.
- When purchasing multiple apps, the base licence must be the highest priced licence.
What are Power Apps Plans?
As an alternative to licensing first-party Dynamics 365 apps such as Sales or Customer Service, streamlined hubs can be deployed which use many standard Dynamics entities and support unlimited custom entities. Apps can be built using the same Unified Interface with data stored in the Common Data Service to connect with other apps and services.
Build a Power Apps hub to handle a specific work-stream, for example to manage assets, training courses and many other examples which are licensed using a Power Apps Plan licence at a significantly lower price compared to a Dynamics 365 first-party app...READ MORE
Additional Licensing Resources
Dynamics 365 Storage Model - details of the default and accrued storage capacities for Dynamics 365 apps covering databases, files and logs.
Comparing Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise & Sales Professional Licences - covering the differences between the full capabilities of Sales Enterprise and the streamlined functionality of Sales Professional.
What is D365 Customer Service Professional? - comparing the Customer Service Enterprise and Professional licence types.
How is Dynamics 365 for Marketing Licensed - Dynamics 365 for Marketing includes email marketing, customer journey management, event management, landing pages and lead scoring for marketing teams.
Comparing PowerApps Plans with Dynamics 365 Licensing - comparison between PowerApps Plan licences and Dynamics role-based apps and Team Member SKUs.
A Quick Guide to Team Member Licensing - for users who only need to read data in Dynamics 365 and undertake light usage taskss.
Microsoft Licensing Guide - the official Microsoft licensing guide for Dynamics 365.