Microsoft Dynamics 365 Licensing
If you are implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365, need to know Dynamics 365 licensing costs, or reduce costs and complexity for existing users, Preact are here to help.
Confused by Dynamics 365 licensing?
Gain clarity across Dynamics 365 Sales and Service app, Team Member licences and Power Apps Plans.
Are you overpaying for Dynamics 365 licences?
Request a free license check from Preact to ensure your users are correctly licensed for only what they need.
FREE DOWNLOAD - Dynamics 365 Licensing Quick Reference Guide
Compare the capabilities and entitlements across Power Apps Plans and Dynamics 365 licences including Sales, Marketing and Service apps with Preact’s Dynamics 365 Licensing Quick Reference Guide.
Buy Dynamics 365 Licences with Preact
You can buy Dynamics 365 licenses through Preact and add on support from a Microsoft Gold Certified Inner Circle Partner. We’re part of Microsoft’s CSP (Cloud Solution Provider) program, aimed at building strong and long term partnerships between customers and technology providers who you can trust to provide the Dynamics 365 solutions and services you need.
By choosing Preact as your CSP partner, we offer the following benefits:
- Preferential subscription rates for our Elevate 365 managed service and support
- Free Dynamics 365 licensing check to confirm the correct licence types for each user by reviewing usage. Our tool will check usage for each person across any Dynamics 365 CRM environment. We’ll report back our findings which identify the right licence for the right user, helping you to fix any licensing compliance issues and save reduce costs if some users are on old agreements or paying for features they don’t need. For a guide to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Team Member, Base and Attach licenses along with costs keep reading below.
Request a call back now to discuss your Dynamics 365 licensing requirements, to request a quote for additional licences, or to arrange a free licensing check.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Licensing FAQs
How is Dynamics 365 licensed?
Dynamics 365 is made up of role-based apps which cover specific business processes. These are licensed per user / per month, except Dynamics 365 for Marketing which is licensed per tenant (Tenants are unique sections of your organisation split by defining characteristics like region, language or specialism). With Dynamics 365 you can start with a base app and attach additional apps at a reduced rate for any usage needs that require multiple apps.
Dynamics 365 apps that Preact work with include:
- Dynamics 365 for Sales
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service
- Dynamics 365 for Marketing
For Dynamics 365 Sales and Customer Service apps, choose between full Enterprise or Professional capabilities to only pay for what you need. More details are available in the free Dynamics 365 Licensing Guide.
What are Dynamics 365 Team Member licences?
Dynamics 365 Team Member licences are designed for employees with light usage requirements. This enables users to read data, access dashboards and perform basic functions including updating contacts and scheduling activities at a significantly lower rate compared to the price of a full app. For a full roundup of Team Member licence features and benefits...READ MORE HERE
How much are Dynamics 365 Base licences?
Base licence prices shown below are per user / month and exclude VAT
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Enterprise @ £71.60
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional @ £49.00
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Enterprise @ £71.60
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Professional @ £37.70
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service @ £71.60
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service @ £71.60
Team Member licences are priced at £6.00 per user / month. Dynamics 365 for Marketing is a tenant licence.
How much are Dynamics 365 Attach licences?
Dynamics 365 attach licences are priced at £15.10 per user / month for individual users whose needs cannot be met with a single app. The following are available for licence attachment:
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Enterprise
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Enterprise
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Professional
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service
Important Dynamics 365 attach licence notes:
- Each user may only have one base Dynamics 365 licence.
- Administrators can only assign attached licences if a user has a valid base licence.
- Project Service is only available as a base licence.
- Customer Service Professional and Customer Service Enterprise, or Sales Professional and Sales Enterprise cannot be mixed and matched on the same Dynamics environment.
- Sales Professional cannot be purchased as an attachment to a Customer Service Professional base
- Where a Professional licence is selected as a base licence an Enterprise or Field Service licence cannot be attached.
- When purchasing multiple apps, the base licence must be the highest priced licence.
Need help deciding which Dynamics 365 licenses you need? Let Preact help you select your licenses and get support at the same time.
What are Power Apps Plans?
As an alternative to licensing first-party Dynamics 365 apps such as Sales or Customer Service, streamlined hubs can be deployed which use many standard Dynamics entities and support unlimited custom entities. Apps can be built using the same Unified Interface with data stored in the Common Data Service to connect with other apps and services.
Build a Power Apps hub to handle a specific work-stream, for example to manage assets, training courses and many other examples which are licensed using a Power Apps Plan licence at a significantly lower price compared to a Dynamics 365 first-party app.
Microsoft has announced a 50% pricing reduction on Power Apps Plans will take effect for new contracts and renewals from 1 October 2021...Read More
Additional Licensing Resources
Dynamics 365 Storage Model - details of the default and accrued storage capacities for Dynamics 365 apps covering databases, files and logs.
Comparing Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise & Sales Professional Licences - covering the differences between the full capabilities of Sales Enterprise and the streamlined functionality of Sales Professional.
What is D365 Customer Service Professional? - comparing the Customer Service Enterprise and Professional licence types.
How is Dynamics 365 for Marketing Licensed - Dynamics 365 for Marketing includes email marketing, customer journey management, event management, landing pages and lead scoring for marketing teams.
Comparing PowerApps Plans with Dynamics 365 Licensing - comparison between PowerApps Plan licences and Dynamics role-based apps and Team Member SKUs.
A Quick Guide to Team Member Licensing - for users who only need to read data in Dynamics 365 and undertake light usage tasks.
Microsoft Licensing Guide - the official Microsoft licensing guide for Dynamics 365.