Microsoft Dynamics 365 Licensing Resources
If you are implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365, or if you are already using the product, we are here to help you reduce licensing complexity, and make sure that you only pay for what your users need.
Confused by Dynamics 365 licensing?
Gain clarity across Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement apps and team member licences.
Worried you might overpay for licences?
Speak to our licensing experts to ensure your users are correctly licensed for only what they need.
Looking for answers on licence user rights?
Check our licensing guide to check capabilities, functions & services at a glance.
Dynamics 365 Quick Reference Licensing Guide
Compare the capabilities and entitlements across Dynamics 365 licences including Sales, Marketing and Service apps.Download Now
Dynamics 365 Licensing Model
Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement is made up of role-based apps that cover specific business processes. These are licensed per user per month, except Dynamics 365 for Marketing which is licensed per tenant.
- Dynamics 365 for Sales
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service
- Dynamics 365 for Marketing
Dynamics 365 CE License Types
Mix and match Dynamics 365 user licenses by individual apps, or by a plan that covers all Customer Engagement apps.
- By App – License individual users by a base application defined by their role e.g. Customer Service or Sales. For Sales and Customer Service apps, choose between Enterprise or SMB (Professional) capabilities to only pay for what you need. Attach one or more apps to a base licence for usage needs that require multiple apps at a discounted rate.
- Licence by Plan withdrawn October 2019
Team Member Licensing
A third licence type is the Team Member Licence, which meets the needs for employees that only have light usage requirements. This licence will enable them to read any data, access dashboards and perform basic functions such as updating contact records or scheduling activities.
How Much Are Dynamics 365 Base Licences?
Base licence prices shown below are per user / month and exclude VAT
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Enterprise @ £71.60
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional @ £49.00
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Enterprise @ £71.60
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Professional @ £37.70
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service @ £71.60
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service @ £71.60
Team Member licences are priced at £6.00 per user / month. Dynamics 365 for Marketing is a tenant licence.
How Much are Attach Licences?
Dynamics 365 attach licences are priced at £15.10 per user / month for individual users which need cannot be met with a single app. The following are available for licence attachment:
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Enterprise
- Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Enterprise
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Professional
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service
Important attach licence notes:
- Each user may only have one base Dynamics 365 license.
- Administrators can only assign attached licences if a user has a valid base licence.
- Project Service is only available as a base licence.
- Customer Service Professional and Customer Service Enterprise, or Sales Professional and Sales Enterprise cannot be mixed and matched on the same Dynamics environment.
- Where a Professional licence is selected as a base licence an Enterprise or Field Service licence cannot be attached.
- When purchasing multiple apps, the base license must be the highest priced license.
PowerApps Plan Licensing
As an alternative to licensing first-party Dynamics 365 apps such as Sales or Customer Service, streamlined hubs can be deployed which use many standard Dynamics entities and support unlimited custom entities. Apps can be built using the same Unified Interface with data stored in the Common Data Service to connect with other apps and services.
Build a PowerApps hub to handle a specific workstream, for example to manage assets, training courses and many other examples which are licensed using a PowerApps Plan licence at a significantly lower price compared to a Dynamics 365 first-party app...READ MORE
Get Your Dynamics 365 Licensing Quote
Dynamics 365 Pricing Calculator
Get an instant quote for Dynamics 365 for Sales that includes set-up work and on-going support.
Designed for SMB's, this quoting tool enables you to select licensing and instantly see costs for Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional, Customer Service Professional and Team Member licences. Choose implementation and support packs, and personalise your quote with add-ons to see a fixed price that includes monthly and one-off costs.
Dynamics 365 Licensing Check
[FREE LICENCE CHECK]
Already using Dynamics 365? Request a free check to make sure that each user has the correct licence type. We'll quickly review your database to confirm how each user should be licensed based on their usage. This free check will identify potential savings to ensure that your organisation isn't paying unnecessary cost for capabilities that aren't needed.
Additional Licensing Resources
Dynamics 365 Storage Model - details of the default and accrued storage capacities for Dynamics 365 apps covering databases, files and logs.
Comparing Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise & Sales Professional Licences - covering the differences between the full capabilities of Sales Enterprise and the streamlined functionality of Sales Professional.
What is D365 Customer Service Professional? - comparing the Customer Service Enterprise and Professional licence types.
How is Dynamics 365 for Marketing Licensed - Dynamics 365 for Marketing includes email marketing, customer journey management, event management, landing pages and lead scoring for marketing teams.
Comparing PowerApps Plans with Dynamics 365 Licensing - comparison between PowerApps Plan licences and Dynamics role-based apps and Team Member SKUs.
A Quick Guide to Team Member Licensing - for users who only need to read data in Dynamics 365 and undertake light usage taskss.
Microsoft Licensing Guide - the official Microsoft licensing guide for Dynamics 365.