Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service
Turn service calls into a strategic advantage with Dynamics 365 Field Service. It provides everything you need - from optimized work order scheduling to predictive maintenance
Dynamics 365 Field Service is designed for businesses who carry out work on-site at a customer’s home or premises. This can include installation, scheduled or recurring maintenance, or responding to break/fix issues.
With features including schedule optimisation, asset management and invoice processing, Field Service is an end-to-end solution that provides team member with access to what they need to get the job done, all through one single, easy to use platform.
Improve scheduling to dispatch the best technician & get the most value out of your resources.
Provide web portals, proactive updates, & technician tracking for positive service experiences.
Share a 360-degree relationship view & real-time guidance to improve resolution time & earn client trust.
5 Ways To Know You Are Ready For Dynamics Field Service
Understand the different stages of connected field service to determine if it’s the right time for your organisation to upgrade its solution.Download Guide
Discover how Clarion UK completed a rapid digital transformation with Dynamics 365 Field Service.
Who is Field Service For?
Any service based organisation that has a focus on delivering on-site installations and break/fix repair will benefit from Dynamics 365 Field Service.
The challenge for these businesses is to improve the productivity of field based teams while also increasing customer satisfaction.
Below are some examples of where certain industries might utilise Microsoft Field Service to digitally transform their operations to create happier clients and more profitable processes:
- Utilities - A fibre optic cable utility company uses the application to respond to outages by dispatching technicians to problem areas.
- Healthcare - An in-home healthcare service provider uses the application to schedule and dispatch healthcare workers to administer medicine and other care to multiple patients.
- Equipment maintenance - A facilities manager uses the application to deliver maintenance and repair services for heating and cooling equipment.
- Manufacturing - A medical device manufacturer sells machines to hospitals and clinics, and uses the application to manage maintenance services over the lifetime of the machinery.
Microsoft Dynamics Field Service Roles
Microsoft Field Service Management Software isn’t just for your Field Service Technicians, it’s designed to provide tools and increase efficiencies across key roles in the entire service team:
- Customer Service will typically use the desktop application to prioritise different requests so that work orders and on-site visits can be created from cases.
- Service Managers will use the software to oversee service delivery and track performance metrics over time. This top-level view will also provide them with opportunities to standardise processes and increase departmental efficiencies.
- Dispatchers utilise Microsoft Field Service Management Software to review incoming orders so that they can be scheduled for the appropriate resource with universal resource scheduling.
- Field Technicians use the mobile application to keep on top of the work orders that have been assigned to them, either using a smartphone or tablet which they can take with them while they carry out work orders and repairs on-site.
- Inventory Managers use the software to ensure technicians out in the field have everything they need to complete their visits. They also deal with any product returns and the procurement of new inventory.
Why Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service?
Automated Scheduling and Work Order Creation
Fit in more appointments each day with the help of automated resource scheduling. Quickly assign the technician with the right skills and in the best location to carry out the job. The system will also take care of automatically creating, scheduling and dispatching work orders.
Empower your Field Service Teams
Power-up your technicians by providing them with access to real-time customer information and history via the mobile app. Online and offline mode also mean details can be captured, updated and synced automatically.
Keep to Schedule
Keep technicians on time with best route, turn-by-turn directions, and work order details that can be updated in real-time on any device.
Engage your Customers
Build Customer Loyalty
Give your customers a reason to trust you by increasing transparency. With Microsoft Field Management Software, you can easily share quotes, contracts and scheduling information to keep your customers informed and engaged throughout the process.
Utilise the Dynamics 365 customer portal with Twilio and Glympse API’s to give clients a complete view of their cases, send text updates, and even provide a live map of their technician en-route.
Proactive, not Reactive
With real-time technician tracking and automated text appointment reminders, you can provide customers with regular reminders, so they know what to expect and when to expect it.
Innovate your Process
Manage Service Agreements
Easily manage all service agreements, including recurring service visits, contracts, installed products, and warranties across customers and locations.
Field service management tools connect with Internet of Things (IoT) enabled equipment sensors to detect, troubleshoot, and resolve issues remotely.
Connected devices enable problems to be identified and solved before customers even know about them and lower costs by dispatching technicians only when they’re needed.
No coding knowledge required! With visual editors and tools, quickly build and deploy web and mobile apps suited to your business.
Microsoft Dynamics Field Service Mobile App
The Microsoft Dynamics Field Service Mobile Application provides Field Technicians with everything they need to reach a customer location and efficiently carry out the required job.
Field Technicians can work either online or offline via the app. Online mode requires an Internet connection, while offline mode does not.
The administrator will configure the app to either sync when it launches, when information changes, or every few minutes – providing technicians with access to real-time information whenever they’re online.
When in online mode, information continually syncs with the server so manual syncing is not required. When working offline, the information required can be downloaded to your device and you can continue to work offline even without an Internet connection.
Any information is saved directly onto your device and is then sent to the server when you’re next online.
Licensing Field Service
Dynamics 365 Field Service is available as an individual app and is also included as part of the Customer Engagement Plan.
Do even more with Field Service using add-in applications from AppSource. Or, quickly create your own bespoke automated workflows to extend capabilities across other connected apps and services. Read more about Dynamics 365 licensing
Dynamics 365 for Field Service - at a glance
Request a call back to arrange a demonstration of Dynamics 365 and to discuss your field service requirements.