Why Unified Interface is now the Mainline Experience for Dynamics 365 Online
The responsive Dynamics 365 Unified Interface was introduced in v9.0 and this is now the only interface for Dynamics 365 mobile apps and the Dynamics app for Outlook. It is also the default experience for new instances.
*** UPDATE *** The legacy web client interface is deprecated as of September 2019 for Dynamics 365 Online. Microsoft says this will no longer be available from 1 October 2020 and customers must transition to the Unified Interface as soon as possible.
As new capabilities are continually being added to the Unified Interface which won't be available in the classic web UI, this has fallen behind.
Today, the legacy and new interfaces co-exist but at some future point Microsoft will switch off this side by side arrangement and migrate all Dynamics instances to the Unified Interface.
Following the recent improvements made to the Unified Interface, early in 2019 Microsoft stated this now offers the 'mainline' experience. From October 2020, the Unified Interface will be the only interface available.
To demonstrate its benefits, in our recent webinar we shared 8 reasons to move to the Unified Interface now.
These highlights included:
- Mobile-friendly custom controls for dials, switches and other controls for forms and guided process flows
- More efficient display of guided process flows including controls to pin / dock processes that keeps important detail on screen when scrolling through a record
- Embed full Power BI dashboards within Dynamics 365 to discover new insights
- Embedding canvas PowerApps within Dynamics 365 forms to add new capabilities, create rich visual areas and connect and display data from hundreds of data sources
- Flattened timeline replaces the social pane to show all record activity detail in a single pane with filter controls across record types and date ranges
- Quickly access contextual entities through a dynamic related entities tab
- Office style profile cards show key detail about users and contacts stored in the Common Data Service from any Dynamics 365 lookup field that references these records
- Better display of fields enables more record detail to be shown on screen
- Tighter integration with Sales Navigator within records helps users surface LinkedIn detail through contextual insights
- Increased visibility of AI-driven relationship assistant insights across contacts, leads and opportunities to prompt user action
Watch the recorded presentation now...
Migrating to the Unified Interface
Enabling the Unified Interface should be carefully planned to understand the impact of this implementing within a Dynamics 365 environment and how best to utilize its capabilities.
Preact offers consultancy to support administrators through this process as well as training for the management of the Unified Interface.
Contact Preact for help to make your transition to the Unified Interface.
- Announcing the Timeline to Move to the Unified Interface
- Unified Interface Transition Guide
- Unified Interface Frequently Asked Questions
- How Socket Mobile Migrated to Dynamics 365 Unified Interface & Geared Up Growth