Preact is Proud to Support Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
Almost 10 million people in the UK are deaf, or have a hearing loss.
That is one in six of the population. As our population ages, this number is set to grow, and by 2031 there is expected to be more than 14.5 million people with hearing loss in the UK.
Hearing Dogs for Deaf People is a national charity that train hearing dogs to alert deaf people to everyday sounds and danger signals in their home, work place and in public buildings.
Preact already supports their Charity CRM system and we are now the proud sponsor of a Hearing Dog puppy, Hebe as she undergoes training to become a life-changing hearing dog!
We look forward to sharing news of Hebe's progress.
- Hearing dogs are provided to deaf people at no charge.
- Hearing Dogs for Deaf People have created over 1,600 life-changing partnerships between deaf people and hearing dogs.
- Demand is growing and it is vital they train more puppies to meet this need.
- Each dog is trained to the specific needs of the deaf individual they have been matched to, creating a life-changing partnership.
- Hearing dogs wear jackets and lead slips, helping others to recognise an otherwise largely invisible disability.