Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan - What's Included?
If you are considering implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 and you are comparing this to a competitor system it is important to know what services are included in the price of your subscription.
As we've mentioned in previous posts, Dynamics 365 consists of many parts. Here we've highlighted the important components to help you make an meaningful assessment and benchmark this with any other providers on your shortlist as we believe that no other solution matches its breadth of capabilities.
Contact us now if you have any licensing questions, we'll be delighted to help.
For the purposes of this comparison we are focusing on the Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan.
Each Customer Engagement Plan licence includes access to these D365 apps and services:
- Sales Enterprise App - Includes lead and opportunity management as well as marketing lists and campaigns.
- Customer Service Enterpise App - Case management capabilities, contracts and service level agreements.
- Marketing - Includes email marketing, customer journey management, event management, landing pages and lead scoring (subject to 10 user licences)
- Field Service App - Schedule board, work orders, mobile app and resource management.
- Project Service App - Resource scheduling, project templates, service agreements, time and expenses. Dynamics 365 also includes access to Project Online + Desktop.
- Surveys - Powerful integrated Voice of the Customer survey solution.
- Web Portal - Includes 1 x integrated portal. Templates available for customer, partner and employee portals (subject to 10 or more Dynamics 365 full user licences).
- Gamification - Apply the concept of fantasy sports to increase CRM participation and employee motivation.
- Knowledge Management - Full knowledge capabilities including authoring.
- App for Outlook - Track emails and check contact interaction via virtually any device with Outlook.
- Mobile - Free mobile and tablet apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices.
- Microsoft Office Online - Web apps for Excel, Word, Powerpoint and OneNote are also included for Dynamics 365 users even if they aren't subscribed to Office 365.
With effect from 1 April 2019, new Dynamics 365 agreements will receive the following:
Common Data Service for Apps Database Capacity: 10 GB
Transactional database storage for entity definitions and record data.
Common Data Service for Apps File Capacity: 20 GB
Capacity to store attachments for notes or emails in D365 Customer Engagement apps and PowerApps. This can include Word documents, image files, PDF files, spread sheets, videos and other business files.
Common Data Service for Apps Log Capacity: 2 GB
Separate storage capacity for audit logs will track record and attribute data changes. This includes field value record updates, previous values, security role updates, data / time of access.
Additional storage entitlements will accrue per as follows:
- CDS for Apps Database Capacity: @ 250 MB per user
- CDS for Apps File Capacity: @ 2 GB per user
- CDS for Apps Log Capacity: n/a
New production or sandbox instances can be created provided at least 1 GB of CDS for Apps Database Capacity is available. Each additional Dynamics environment created will consume at least 1 GB of Database Capacity.
Powerapps - Rapidly create connected web and mobile business applications without developing a single line of code.
Microsoft Flow - Enables workflows created in Powerapps to be connected between multiple cloud apps.
The UK commercial price of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition Customer Engagement Plan for new customers totals £86.70+VAT per user / month.
A reduced rate is available for existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online customers who are transitioning to Dynamics 365.
Contact Preact to find out more about the licensing options, including prices for individual apps and team member licensing.
Separate pricing for Dynamics 365 is available for charities, educational and public organisations.
Unsure if you have the right licences?
Use our free check to confirm what Dynamics 365 licences your team need based on their usage of the system.