Filter Dynamics 365 Entities That Appear In The App for Outlook
When saving Outlook emails to Dynamics 365 records, often there will only need to be a fairly small selection of entities where messages are attached to. In addition to contacts this frequently includes cases, projects, leads, accounts as well as selected custom entities.
Using the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook on desktop or mobile, users have had to scroll through a long list of all system entities to which an email could be set as regarding.
Searching long lists of entities adds to the time taken to attach emails as 'set regarding' so it's great to see that a new update offers a better experience by enabling admins to control which entities are exposed in the Outlook app.
Rather than showing every entity, use the PowerApps App Designer to control the specific entities that should appear in Dynamics 365 App for Outlook’s Quick Create menu and the set Regarding lookup.
This will help every user quickly find the appropriate records and file emails faster in Dynamics 365.
- From the main menu navigate to Settings > Customizations > Apps
- Click Dynamics 365 App for Outlook to open the App Designer
- Choose Add > Entities and then select the entity you want to add and complete the addition by including all assets.
- Review the list of Views that are available for the entity and deselect the ones you don't want to be available in Dynamics 365 App for Outlook. This will determine what results appear based on the selected entity views.
- Save your changes and publish the customisation.