Dynamics 365 Sales - Previewing the New Mobile App
Coming soon to general availability, the Dynamics 365 Sales Mobile App helps users plan their day and keep updated with important information.
Now available in public preview, the new app is specifically designed for sales scenarios and offers an alternative to the main Dynamics 365 model-driven app which adapts to mobile devices.
Although the Covid-19 pandemic has reduced the mobility of many sales professionals, the new app is optimised to help field sellers save time and increase productivity, wherever they work.
What are the main highlights of using the Dynamics 365 Sales Mobile app?
- Stay up to date and prepare for customer engagements with insights surfaced from Dynamics 365 and Outlook, as well as AI-generated reminders.
- Provides a modern, intuitive mobile experience that makes it easy to access customer detail with relevance search.
- Find and interact with sales data from a new home screen. This includes upcoming meeting, recently viewed contacts and other records and insights.
- Log reports and share information using simplified forms and native mobile device capabilities such as camera and voice-to-text.
- Utilise travel time by logging new information after meetings, when it’s fresh in mind; this could include adding notes, creating contacts and updating records on-the-go.
What does Public Preview mean?
The Dynamics 365 Sales Mobile app is currently a public preview release. Preview releases are considered incomplete and are subject to change before these products enter general availability. The preview is made available to customers and partners to test and provide feedback.
When will this be generally available?
Microsoft has yet to announce its timeline for when the mobile app will be GA, but its plans for the next release wave are set to be published from 27th January which should provide an update.
What devices are supported?
The Sales Mobile app preview can be installed on iOS and Android devices. At the time of writing the installation of the app on Android with a work profile is not supported.
How to enable the Dynamics 365 Sales App for preview?
To test out the app, you must go into your Dynamics 365 Sales area and under System Settings, there will be an option to turn on the preview mobile app. Simply select “Yes” to agree to the terms and conditions and click “OK”. Once this is done, field sellers can then install it on their iOS and Android devices.
Never miss a post! Subscribe to our blog
Receive our emails about the latest Microsoft Dynamics 365 updates and events