Microsoft Power Platform Template to Handle Crisis Communications
With news of the continued spread in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) cases globally, Microsoft has released a solution built on the Power Platform. This template is designed to help organisations coordinate 2-way team communications during evolving conditions in times of crisis.
Accessible through a mobile device, on the web, or in Teams, this solution combines Power Apps, Power Automate and Sharepoint with Power BI.
The initial release includes:
- Enabling employees to report their work status and submit requests. This can include communicating self-isolation statuses and dates that will help managers coordinate teams during prolonged spells of remote working.
- Push notifications for updates and other content specific to the organisation including emergency contents.*
- Support for RSS feeds to provide up-to-date information from reputable sources.
- Power BI reports to track the current presence statuses across locations of employees who have updated their status.
- Using a centrally managed Teams channel to combine data and effectively respond to issues.
* Microsoft says it will be providing all Power Apps users with temporary access to its premium Push Notifications feature which is being reclassified as a standard connector for the duration of the COVID-19 outbreak.
The data for the app will be stored in SharePoint lists. This requires a valid SharePoint Online licence with permission to create lists and a public SharePoint site.
Read more and follow setup instructions.