Counting Down to Deprecation of the Dynamics 365 Web Client
As organisations increasingly switch to the Unified Interface for Dynamics 365, Microsoft is poised to announce it will deprecate the legacy web client interface.
In a new Unified Interface Playbook to help customers plan and execute a transition to the responsive UI experience, it says:
"The legacy web client is likely to be deprecated by October 2019 with a view to be discontinued a year later."
Making a transition to the Unified Interface is not the work of a moment and as this new guide references, it is better to get started sooner rather than later to enable a flexible roll-out. This will also avoid the likely pressures created by the legacy web client being discontinued.
If your organisation is currently using the legacy Dynamics 365 web client interface in a cloud environment...
... you should be actively planning to transition users to the newer Unified Interface:
Planning your Transition
Enabling the new UI is an opportunity to improve the experience for end users. This can include deploying new controls and capabilities which haven't natively been available in the older interface.
Download this new Microsoft guide and speak to Preact to begin planning your transition to the Unified Interface. We'll help you identify opportunities, highlight potential issues and discuss how this can adapted to meet the needs of each user group.
In many instances this is an apt time to review where your organisation is with Dynamics to make sure the transition creates a tangible improvement for users. Contact us today to begin your journey to the modern interface for Dynamics 365.
Unified Interface Playbook Highlights
- Why the Unified Interface is the primary (and soon to be the only) interface for Dynamics 365 and model driven apps
- How to get started with a quick test and UI pilot
- Recommended steps to create a pilot app
- Suggested transitioning paths
- Compulsory changes to be aware of
- Recommendations to rethink the UI with new capabilities
- Measuring for success and optimise
Unified Interface Resources
Check resources from Microsoft and Preact about the Unified Interface:
- Unified Interface Playbook
- Unified Interface: FAQs
- How the Unified Interface Compares to the Legacy Web UI
- Demonstrating the Unified Interface [VIDEO 35 mins]
- Approaching a User Experience & Unified Interface Transition [WHITEPAPER]
- Unified Interface Community
- Why the Unified Interface is now the mainline experience for Dynamics 365
- How Socket Mobile Migrated to Unified Interface & Geared Up for Growth