Terms & Conditions
- All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT, and unless otherwise stated are valid 30 days from the date shown on the document. Errors and omissions excepted.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of travel expenses. Travel expenses are billed at £0.45 per mile, or by rail/air at cost.
- Delivery dates for all software are subject to availability.
- It is requested that travel expenses relating to air travel and hotel accommodation are pre-paid.
- Payment terms are full payment in advance for software, change requests, licence maintenance & support.
- Preact Limited cannot confirm dates for training or technical consultancy until payment in full has been received.
- All orders & bookings will be invoiced in full at the time of confirmation of order or booking.
- Orders and bookings will only be confirmed upon receipt of an official purchase order and/or signed Preact Sales Order Form. The order of goods & booking of services to be undertaken implies acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, which supersede in their entirety any condition contained in any purchase order or other documentation the customer may issue with respect to the goods or services.
- Preact Limited reserves the right to withhold, suspend, reschedule, or cancel the delivery of goods or services in any instances it deems such action necessary.
- In the event of a cancellation or postponement of any booking by the customer, the following fees will apply:
a. 0 – 5 WORKING DAYS NOTICE: FULL FEE
b. 6 – 10 WORKING DAYS NOTICE: 50% OF FEE
c. 11 – 15 WORKING DAYS NOTICE: 25% OF FEE
d. 15 WORKING DAYS OR MORE NOTICE: NO FEE
- In the event of non-attendance by the customer, a course or booking will be deemed as cancelled by the customer and the full fee will apply.
- All work undertaken by Preact Limited is delivered on a Time and Materials basis.
- All work undertaken by Preact Limited or subcontractors working on behalf of Preact Limited will be undertaken on a best endeavours basis. It should be noted that Preact Limited will not be held responsible for any possible data loss, failure of software, or non-compatibility of existing or future computer hardware or software - including any potential data loss. Should any person working for or on behalf of Preact Limited be aware of potential problems at the time of undertaking the agreed work, we will endeavour to provide constructive advice.
- All software provided by Preact Limited is subject to the relevant authors/manufacturers licence agreements, software limited warranties, and limitations of remedies.
- The customer is responsible for satisfying themselves that the services purchased suitably meet their requirements. The customer is also responsible for ensuring that the product is fit for the purpose they intend to use it for, in respect of features, faults and compatibility.
- Preact Limited shall not be liable to the customer on any account whatsoever, in the event that Preact Limited is prevented from fulfilling its obligations thereunder due in whole or in part to an event of Force Majeure, which shall any circumstance of, be beyond reasonable control of Preact Limited.
- The customer agrees that all hardware, software, and relevant facilities will be made available to those persons working for or on behalf of Preact Limited. This must also take into account that each trainee when receiving training, will be provided with their own computer to work from.
- The customer undertakes to procure that there is sufficient employers liability insurance to protect any person working for or on behalf of Preact Limited, whilst working at the customer’s premises.
Terms of Business and Refund Policy
All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated.
Card payments are accepted by VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Maestro credit/debit cards.
The customer is responsible for satisfying themselves that the services purchased suitably meet their requirements. The customer is also responsible for ensuring that the product is fit for the purpose they intend to use it for, in respect of features, faults and compatibility.
Goods are not sold on a trial basis.
All goods remain the property of Preact Limited until paid for in full.
Prices and manufacturers product specifications are subject to changes without prior notice. Minor specification variations do not entitle the purchaser to terminate the contract.Software orders can be reimbursed within 7 days of the date of purchase (this period begins on the date you receive an order confirmation from us) provided we are granted remote access to uninstall the relevant application(s) which you have downloaded.
You acknowledge and understand that we will deactivate your license key. This will prevent you from installing the software again
Preact reserve the right to apply an administration fee to cover the costs associated with credit / debit card refunds.
We are not responsible for any consequential loss or expenses, howsoever caused, including incidental returns costs.
If part of these terms is found to be unlawful, it shall not affect the validity of the remainder
Errors and omissions excepted.
We will aim to supply your software on the day of receipt for orders placed before 3pm. Orders received after this time will be fulfilled next day.
Preactcover Support Terms & Conditions
In this Agreement “The Company” shall mean Preact Ltd, Vandervell House, Vanwall Business Park, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 4UB, and “The Customer” shall mean The Company’s Customer in whose favour the Support Agreement (“The Contract”) has been issued.
Software Support Provided
The Company shall:
Provide The Customer with such technical advice by telephone, fax, mail or e-mail as may be necessary and queries on installing and using the software product covered by this Agreement. This technical support will be provided through The Company’s Software Team and the telephone service will be available between the hours of 09:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday but excluding statutory holidays. The Company shall endeavour to respond with technical advice to a support enquiry at the earliest available opportunity.
NB. It is regretted that assistance cannot be provided on problems relating to computer hardware, operating systems and printers unless stated in attached appendices. It is further regretted that assistance cannot be provided on problems relating to data synchronisation, unless specifically mentioned on the document entitled “PREACTCOVER Performance Partnership Software Support Agreement” which must be signed by both The Company and The Customer. Any support for data synchronisation is subject to current administrator having been trained to synchronisation administrator level and the system having been implemented by The Company or checked for correct implementation by The Company. Once the synchronisation process has been checked, and is found to be correct, any changes that are made to the synchronisation set-up without prior consultation with “PREACT” will invalidate this agreement.
The Company will pursue, on your behalf, rectification of any faults found in the software due to faulty workmanship or the supply of incorrect materials direct with the Software Author/Distributor.
The Customer shall:
Ensure the software is used only on the specified computer hardware for which the software has been licensed and supplied.
Maintain and operate the software in a proper and prudent manner in accordance with such advice and instructions as The Company may issue from time to time, and allow its use only by competent and authorised personnel.
Keep a minimum of 3 (three) separate sets of Backup media, for use in rotation, of a standard and frequency to allow The Customer to recover current data without undue loss of staff time.
Make available to The Company, without charge, any information, materials or facilities to enable The Company to discharge its obligations under this Agreement, provided always The Company shall hold as confidential any such information provided by The Customer.
Notify The Company of any defect or alleged defect within a period not exceeding 5 (five) days from the date the said defect first becomes apparent.
Be responsible for ensuring that the software is suitable for the purpose intended.
Notify The Company should any additional licenses of the software be purchased or acquired from any other source other than from The Company. Purchase of additional licenses may incur additional costs for the continuation of PreactCover – this will be calculated at the appropriate rates in force at the time the agreement commenced, and invoiced to The Customer pro-rata for the remainder of the agreement period.
The Company warrants to The Customer only that the software will function in accordance with the specification contained in the software documentation, provided always that the software has been used and maintained strictly in accordance with The Company's instructions. Save as herein provided, all representations, warranties, conditions or terms whether expressed or implied and whether statutory or otherwise are hereby expressly excluded. Under no circumstances shall The Company be liable to The Customer or to third parties for loss of profit or direct or indirect loss or damage whether special consequential or otherwise and however arising from breakdown or failure of the software supplied by The Company.
Period of the Agreement
The Agreement shall come into force and effect on the date specified in The Contract issued by The Company on receipt of The Customer's remittance and shall remain in force and effect for the period specified in the said Contract provided always that at its sole option The Company may terminate the Agreement at any time by 7 (seven) days notice in writing to The Customer. In the event of such termination by The Company, The Customer shall be repaid such sum as is appropriate to the remaining period of the Agreement calculated pro rata to such remaining period.
The Customer may terminate the Agreement at any time by giving 30 (thirty) days notice in writing to The Company. In the event of such termination The Company reserve the right to levy a termination fee to the sum of 30 percent of the total contract cost. The Customer shall, at the discretion of the Directors, be repaid such sum as appropriate to the remaining period of the Agreement calculated pro rata to such remaining period.
Neither party to the Agreement shall be liable for failure to perform, or for delay in performing, its obligations hereunder if such failure or delay in performing shall be due to Acts of God, War, riot, civil commotion, weather, labour disputes, failure of sub-contractors, Software Authors or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party concerned and whether or not of a similar nature to the foregoing.
The Customer is not permitted to assign the benefits and obligations of this Agreement to a third party unless the prior and written consent of The Company shall have been obtained.
The Company may suspend this Agreement forthwith upon written notice in the following events namely:
The Customer abuses the facilities of the agreement e.g. many support calls for user problems that should be solved by training.
The software has not been installed to a standard deemed satisfactory by The Company.
The Company may terminate this Agreement forthwith upon written notice in either of the following events, namely:
That The Customer commits a breach of any of the terms and conditions hereof and in circumstances where such breach is capable of rectification has failed to rectify such breach within 14 (fourteen) days of receiving written notice requiring it to do so, or
The Customer becomes insolvent or compounds with its creditors or goes into liquidation, other than for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation, or has a receiver of its assets appointed.
The Customer does not comply with The Company's standard terms and conditions.
Any notice to be given by either party to the other under the terms of this Agreement shall be given by mail or facsimile transmission at the address for such party as may be notified by one party to the other from time to time.
This agreement shall be renewed automatically on its Expiry date unless cancelled by either party. The Customer shall be invoiced in advance of the renewal date.
In the event The Customer has purchased additional licenses of the software since the last renewal the customer shall be invoiced at the new level accordingly.
The Company reserves the right to apply an increase in its charges for the provision of its support service at the point of renewal.
This Agreement shall be construed and operated in accordance with English law.
© Preact Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Reproduction of the contents of any pages in www.preact.co.uk is prohibited except to the extent outlined below.
All pages within this site may be downloaded onto a hard disk or printed for your personal use provided you make no alterations to any of the pages and do not use any of the pages in any other work or publication in whatever medium stored. No part of the Preact Limited website may be distributed or copied for any commercial activity.
In accessing Preact Limited web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own personal use. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, change or adapt in any way the content of these Preact Limited web pages for any other purpose whatsoever.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of these web pages are owned or controlled for these purposes by Preact Limited.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the terms of this website, or your dealings with Preact, please contact:
Preact Limited, Vandervell House, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UB
Company No: 2783859
VAT No: 596418301